At Small Talk Pediatric Speech Language Pathologists, we offer individual or group therapy sessions for your child. Individual therapy sessions are typically scheduled for fifty minutes but may vary based on your child’s needs. Pragmatic (social use of language) groups are available based on interest and compatibility. Treatment and evaluations are available in the following areas:
- Speech / Oral-Motor: articulation (speech sounds) and oral-motor structure and function
- Feeding / Oral-Motor: feeding skills and oral-motor structure and function
- Speech and Language: articulation, oral-motor structure and function, expressive language skills (what your child is able to say/verbalize) and receptive language skills (what your child understands)
- Language: expressive and receptive language skills
- Auditory Processing: delays in processing language
- Fluency: targeting disfluencies (stuttering) in speech
I am trained in Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets (PROMPT), Rapid Prompting Method (RPM), Beckman oral-motor techniques, the Affect-Based Language Curriculum (ABLC) approach, and I utilize neurodevelopmental treatment (NDT) techniques. In addition, I have completed many other courses and specialized training in the areas of oral-motor, feeding, speech and language issues.